“We’re on the air in 3,2,1…” Thatʼs how we start off our KEZI 9 News broadcasts, so it seems only fitting that I start off my Anchor Mom Introduction Blog with the traditional TV countdown.
3. Hereʼs what most people know about me:
Iʼm an Anchor Mom who loves her job. You can catch me five days a week on KEZI 9 News Midday and KEZI 9 News This Morning. Sure, you may watch me reading the news, but there’s much more to see behind the scenes. I produce and edit and report. I like to call myself a professional story teller. My philosophy is: Everyone has a story. Everyone has something special to share. Itʼs my job to figure out what makes you tick. How do you make this world a better place? Iʼd love to know.
2. Hereʼs what you may not know about me:
I am a mother of a super 4-year-old son, Douglas. I love motherhood, and I’m honored to belong to this exclusive club. This year I officially became a “Soccer Mom.”
I adore my husband, Greg, who happens to be an award winning children’s author and a former professional circus clown. Needless to say, we are all about having fun.
I am a dog lover. LuLu is our Boston Terrier. She can do tricks, including jumping through hoops, but watch out, because she also loves to steal socks.
Together — we make a pack. Thatʼs how we roll in our family. Our motto is, “We’re a pack and we stick together like that. Yeah!”
1. Hereʼs some wacky information you’d have never guessed in a million years…
* I got a flat tire in front of Shaquille O’Neal. He laughed at me, then felt bad, so he gave me his autographed rookie trading card..and not knowing who he was, I gave it away!
* I played a cheerleader in the original Buffy the Vampire movie.
* My mother is a Food Network “Chopped Champion.” Did you see the Grandmother Edition? That was my mom who won!
* My ultimate dream vacation is taking a month to walk El Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Trail from France to Spain with my Pack.
STAY TUNED…MUCH MORE TO COME AFTER THE BREAK.