Name: Melissa Frey
Date registered: April 11, 2012
BiographyMelissa Frey is a meteorologist who joined KEZI in the summer of 2007. She is a native Oregonian who found her love for the sky at an early age. She dreamed of being an astronaut as a child, later realizing it was the Earth’s dynamic atmosphere that she was truly fascinated with. Melissa received her Bachelor’s Degree in Communication from Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington. Through intensive internships at KHQ-TV in Spokane, and at KGW in Portland, Melissa learned first hand what it means to be a broadcast Meteorologist. After graduation she continued working for KGW as a weather producer. Melissa then went on to get her Master’s degree in Atmospheric Science from Oregon State University where she had the opportunity to do cutting edge research on Pacific Northwest weather patterns. Rain or shine you’ll find Melissa looking up at the sky, still fascinated with all that takes place within the Earth’s atmosphere. Melissa and her husband Tim are glad to call Eugene their home and enjoy sharing all that western Oregon has to offer with their son.
- Showers and Possible Thunder Storms — October 31, 2014
- Stormy Weather for Halloween Morning — October 30, 2014
- Dry Most of Wednesday, Showers Late — October 29, 2014
- Soggy Week Ahead, Including Halloween — October 28, 2014
- One Dry Break Before the Rain Returns — October 27, 2014