«

»

Beware of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — A Corvallis man is doing well after checking into the hospital Monday for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Health workers at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield say the man was working on the furnace in his garage when he passed out.

Doctors say this is the first case of carbon monoxide poisoning this winter, and people should be careful as they work around their homes, because many things can put you at risk.

“People right now are working in their garages, staying inside having their furnaces and extra heaters running, gas fire places, stove, any smoke exposure are risk factors,” said Dr. Brenda Ormesher, a physician at Sacred Heart RiverBend.

Doctors say in order to avoid putting yourself at risk, you should keep your house well ventilated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


1 × = 3

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>