COBURG, Ore. — A man was taken to the hospital after a car battery exploded in his face.
The incident happened at Reed’s Fuel and Trucking around noon Tuesday. Coburg firefighters say the man was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, with burns to his face.
Shop supervisor Troy Corwin says he’s the president of the company and he had trouble seeing after the explosion, which was very concerning for employees.
“Just basically for his well-being, that his eyesight’s good and he’ll come out fine in this whole deal. That’s our main concern,” said Corwin.
Corwin says the man started to regain his vision, but his left eye was still a little blurry. They’re still investigating as to why the battery exploded.