SPRINGFIELD, Ore -- Springfield resident, Gertrude Tomminger, is enjoying her time in the spotlight as she celebrates 106 years.
Ms. Tomminger was born in Hermsiton on December 27, 1911. In her younger days, she loved to garden, sew, and crochet. Tomminger now resides at The Rawlin at Riverbend Memory Care facility. Staff say she is full of energy and keeps busy.
"Well just enjoy as many things as you can and take some things seriously, but never too seriously, said Tomminger.
Tomminger has received hundreds of birthday wishes on KEZI 9 News' Facebook page. Her story has reached nearly 50,000 people on Facebook.
- Springfield resident turns 106
- Search continues for missing Springfield mother
- Springfield police not giving up on solving cold case
- Skilled to Work: Springfield Chamber of Commerce Holds Event
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple carries survivor's guilt after shooting
- Weight of Survival: Springfield couple reunites with Nevada teen
- Skilled to Work: How CTE helped one Springfield student
- Meals on Wheels turns to charitable gifts for funding
- Weight of Survival: Springfield man helps save teen in Las Vegas shooting
- Lane County officials urge residents to recycle electronics