When Lin-Manuel Miranda hit two million Twitter followers on Monday, he decided to celebrate in a very "Hamilton" way.
Miranda offered to trade bars with followers.
"Oh damn. Okay. Lemme get some dinner," Miranda tweeted. "Then we'll trade some twos & separate the saint from sinner #2Mil2bars."
For the unhip, that means he was offering to trade rhymes, two bars of lyrics, with his fans.
Miranda's followers started tweeting rhymes and while the "Hamilton" creator/star may have left his Broadway hit awhile ago, he still clearly has skills.
"Add more tweeters to the mix. It'll all be fun. The greatest thing to hit Twitter since @jomnysun," tweeted one follower. Miranda responded, "Adding Tweeters to the mix like David Sikabwe. Gaining readers with my picks, in a semi-macabre way."
Miranda even managed to shout out his beloved Puerto Rico, where he will be reprising his starring role in "Hamilton" next year to raise funds for continued hurricane relief for the island.
"From FLS, In The Heights to Ham with a stop at House," fan Kelly Bowes tweeted. "Lin's lighting up Twitter, this fire, it won't douse."
"Kelly throwin' Bowes (on your Bose?) takin' Bows," Miranda tweeted back. "Puerto Rico, just for you, I'll rock my Hamilton blouse."
The playwright/actor is a prodigious Twitter user.
It's the medium he recently used to announce that he and wife Vanessa Nadal are expecting their second child.
Miranda had fun with followers on Twitter Monday
He's a prodigious tweeter
- Lin-Manuel Miranda celebrated Twitter milestone 'Hamilton' style
- Lin-Manuel Miranda sings for separated families
- Lin-Manuel Miranda has shingles, quarantined from 8-week-old son
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Platt stage powerful duet for March for Our Lives
- ¿Quién es Andrés Manuel López Obrador?
- Andrés Manuel López Obrador, ¿frente a Trump?
- Trump's most ridiculous celebrity Twitter rants, ranked
- LGBT Rights Milestones Fast Facts
- Andrés Manuel López Obrador, hombre impredecible pero no imposible
- The US economy just hit a milestone