Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain plans to return to Washington soon, sources close to the senator tell CNN.
McCain was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July. In December, it was announced that he would return home to Arizona to recover from cancer treatment instead of returning to the Senate to vote on a finalized version of the GOP-backed tax plan.
McCain is feeling better following his recovery in Arizona, the sources said.
A specific date for his return has not yet been determined.
McCain was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July
A specific date for his return has not yet been determined
- McCain plans to return to Washington soon, sources say
- John McCain described as increasingly frail, Senate sources say
- John McCain Fast Facts
- Sen. McCain returning to Arizona, will miss tax bill vote
- Playboy announces plans to party in Washington
- Meghan McCain shares photo of father during his absence from Washington
- Lawmakers return to Washington amid calls for gun control
- Washington is broken
- Graham 'very pleased' with McCain's recovery
- Meghan McCain: Trump CPAC comments 'incredibly hurtful'