Lancaster City Police have identified the suspect as Hung Pouoc Nguyen, 44, of Lancaster. After the initial release of the sketch of the suspect, some investigators and officers recognized the physical description and modus operandi as Nguyen's, police say.
While the sketch provided appeared amateurish, police say, it helped jog the memory of at least one investigator, who was able to provide Nguyen's name as a suspect. Police showed the witness a photo array, and the witness identified Nguyen as the person who pretended to be the standholder and took the money.
Nguyen was charged with two counts of theft by unlawful taking, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Police checked Nguyen's last known address, but he was not located.
- Police identify theft suspect from hand-drawn sketch
- Police release sketch of Monroe burglary suspect
- Eugene police release suspect sketch in 1980s murders
- State Police release a sketch in hopes of identifying remains found back in September
- Swastikas drawn on Polish embassy in Israel
- Eugene police search for theft suspect
- Police release sketch of a suspect in Pakistani girl's rape, murder
- Trump to Pennsylvania Republicans: Fight newly drawn congressional map
- Source: McCarthy allies worried about drawn-out leadership fight
- Taco bell serves man on a horse-drawn cart