Monks and hot sauce is not something that you normally pair together, but a monk in Subiaco is known for making his popular Monk Sauce.
Father Richard's hot sauce is made with habanero peppers grown at the monastery.
"I have a room in the monastery that has really nice southern windows and I use it to plant the peppers," he said.
While he records how spicy his Monk Sauce is, his brother has spent the past 50 years recording temperatures as a weather watcher for the National Weather Service.
- Monks & Hot Sauce: Subiaco Monk Known For Making Popular Hot Sauce
- Yes, that's a monk seal with a knife in its mouth (and humans may be to blame)
- Hot air balloon makes unplanned landing
- Hawaii's 'hot spot': It makes volcanoes and islands
- Joe Biden: So hot right now
- Oprah 2020: Hot and getting hotter
- 14 hot new global restaurants for 2018
- Old pickup trucks are hot collectibles
- Karl Marx -0 bills are red hot
- Hot air balloon's proximity concerns homeowner