EUGENE, Ore. -- Police said the suspect in a stolen vehicle case ran from officers, forcing two schools to be placed on lockdown.
Officers with the Eugene Police Department said Michael Stuart Fancher, 26, was spotted at the intersection of Potter Street and Amazon Drive just before noon.
Police said Fancher ran off but a K9 officer found him inside a home on 41st Avenue. He was arrested on charges of eluding by foot and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
As a precaution, Ridgeline Montessori and Charlemagne Elementary were placed on lockdown.
- Police chase in south Eugene forces two schools on lockdown
- Gun arrest forces South Eugene High School into Lockout
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Police: Man sends threatening messages to Walmart employee, forcing lockdown
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect
- Fire forces Eugene barbecue restaurant to close
- Man sentenced for sex abuse outside South Eugene High School
- South Eugene High School changes name of athletic teams
- South Eugene High School ranks No. 1 in the state
- Man with ax yields heavy police presence in south Eugene