EUGENE, Ore. - One person is dead after a single-vehicle crash Saturday morning.
Eugene Police said the call came in at 2:26 a.m. at Bailey Hill Road and Four Oaks Grange Road.
They said a 1981 Toyota SR5 pick-up was traveling west on Bailey Hill Road at a high rate of speed, lost control, and struck a tree on the side of the roadway.
Officers arrived on scene and found an occupant non-responsive and not breathing inside of the vehicle.
Police, medics, and fire personnel all tried to save the occupant, but they died from injuries caused by the crash.
Multiple officers and a K9 attempted to locate another person who fled from the scene, according to witnesses. Investigators are still searching for the suspect, whose identity is unconfirmed at this time.
The identity of the victim has not been released until next-of-kin can be notified.
If you have any information about the crash and the suspect who fled the scene, contact Eugene Police at 541-682-5111.
- One person dead in single-vehicle crash; police looking for suspect
- Single car crash in Eugene leaves a 17-year-old girl dead
- One person injured in tanker truck crash
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- One person killed in car crash
- Motor vehicle crashes in Oregon increase
- Missing Springfield man found dead in submerged vehicle
- Police: Suspect leads officers on chase, crashes into parked car
- One dead in Benton County crash
- One person killed in Highway 99 crash south of Saginaw