LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- Oregon State Troopers say one person was killed in a single vehicle accident on Highway 126E near milepost 48.
This happened around 2:45 a.m. on January 1st.
Troopers say the Nissan Pathfinder crossed over the westbound lane, ran off the road, smashed into a tree and caught fire. Following the intial investigation, they say they do not know what cause the car to loose control. They say the driver, the cars only occupant, was killed in the crash.
Troopers have not yet identified the person killed and the investigation is ongoing.
- State Police searching for cause of fatal crash
- Oregon State Police report three fatal crashes
- Police investigate fatal crash in Springfield
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Police searching for pickpocketing suspects
- Officials investigating fatal car crash in Springfield
- Wrong way driver sentenced for fatal crash
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- UPDATE: Highway 99W open following fatal crash