EUGENE, Ore. - The mother of murder victim Cheryl Hart spoke to KEZI 9 News ahead of her daughter's alleged murderer facing trial in the case. Wednesday, the case was in court as prosecutors took testimony from the man who Jeremy Milutin is accused of stealing a car from after Hart disappeared in 2016.
Sheri Melling said she warned her daughter about Milutin.
"It was her giving in and him just separating her from the family. I mean, I told her flat out many times, 'He will kill you.,'" Melling said,
"I said it to his mother. I said, 'He will kill her.' And that's what happened."
4 months after disappearing, Hart's body was found in a wooded area in Klamath County. Milutin is scheduled to go to trial for murder at the end of January.
- Murder victim's mother speaking out as suspect's trial approaches
- Murder victim identified
- Oregon murder suspect's attorney claims he's not fit for trial
- Triple murder suspect found fit to stand trial
- The tax deadline is approaching
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Son charged with mother's murder claims insanity
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- New trial begins for man accused of killing Springfield mother
- Deadline approaching to register for November election