JUNCTION CITY, Ore. – Junction City police said a man stabbed a dog and was waving an 8-inch knife around.
It happened Sunday around 1:50 pm outside an apartment complex on the 900 block of W. 1st Avenue.
Investigators determined that Christopher Low acted in self-defense after the dog attacked him and bit his arm.
The dog died from the stab wounds. Afterwards, police said Low waved his knife threateningly toward the dog’s owner.
Police arrested Low that afternoon. He was booked in the Lane County Jail on charges of menacing and disorderly conduct.
Police are continuing to investigate this case to determine if any additional charges will be filed.
- Man stabs and kills dog in Junction City
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Crash on Highway 99 kills two in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- 2018 Scandinavian festival coming to Junction City
- Junction City Firefighter's sell "Aebleskivers" during Festival
- Police: Man caught on camera trespassing in Junction City