Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE -- The Coast Guard says it has ended its search for the missing man. He has been identified as a 46-year-old man who is from Mexico but had been living in Newport. The Coast Guard said it will not resume the search on Friday and he is presumed dead.
The Mexican consulate is working to notify the family.
DEPOE BAY, Ore. -- The Coast Guard is searching for a man swept out to sea in Depoe Bay.
They said the man disappeared around 11:30 a.m. on Thursday after he was swept off some rocks near the sea wall.
They haven't released his name but they said the man went over the sea wall to look at the ocean when he was swept away.
Crews are searching for him on the ground and from a helicopter.
- UPDATE: Missing man in Depoe Bay presumed dead
- Deputies arrest armed man in Depoe Bay
- Depoe Bay man arrested after domestic disturbance
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Missing man found dead in Lane County
- Police: Missing man found dead on shoreline
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man