SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Another person has died in Lane County from complications of the flu, according to the health department.
Jason Davis with the Lane County Health Department told KEZI 9 News that a 36-year-old Springfield woman died of the flu.
This is the second flu-related death in Lane County this flu season.
There have been seven reported outbreaks within the county and they were all at assisted living homes.
Dr. Patrick Luedtke said the flu happens every year but this year there is a strain that is affecting most of the country.
Riverbend hospital has seen more than 500 people with the flu since December.
- Second flu-related death confirmed in Lane County
- Flu season hits Lane County
- Flu death in Lane County traced to assisted living facility
- Flu season turns deadly in Lane County
- Flu season in Lane County peaked between December and January
- Lane County strike looms
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail
- Confirmed case of dog flu reported in Grants Pass
- Study finds Oregon has third highest alcohol related death rate
- Oregon ranks 31 nationally in gun related deaths