Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. - Several times throughout the last week, and completely naked man has been spotted walking near Barger and Primrose in Eugene. Because this is right across the street from both Shasta Middle School and Clear Lake Elementary School, parents are feeling frustrated.
The law in Eugene is that nobody over the age of eight years old may show their genitals in a public place that's accessible to the opposite sex.
Community members said each time they spot him they believe he's contacted by the police, but he keeps coming back. They said the number one concern is exposing their children to this.
"For the people who say it's not really a problem, it shouldn't be against the law, and he has mental issues, I understand that, except you have to take into consideration that it's across from a middle school," said Michael Owcarz, a Eugene resident.
Owcarz has two step-children who attend Shasta Middle School. He said his seventh grade step-daughter took a picture of the man the other day, so he knows the man has been close enough for children to see him.
Some community members expressed concern that the man might be mentally ill. Owcarz said he undersands that is a possibility, and he hopes he gets the help he deserves, but he needs him not to be exposing himself near children anymore.
- Naked man near Eugene schools is causing discomfort with parents
- Naked man chases woman on Michigan trail
- Man who entered stranger's party naked sentenced to prison
- Dancing naked man arrested at scene of five car accident
- Naked passenger forces plane back to Anchorage
- Fake post causes concerns for Sheldon parents
- Take a break from the Olympics. There's a 'naked marathon'
- WeWork is buying Naked Hub to grow in China
- Man in Motorhome Suspected of Killing Woman, Dumping Her Naked Body on Gardena Area Street
- Man 'naked as a jaybird' leads police on chase on ATV in Northland