LINN COUNTY, Ore. – Two men were killed and four others were hurt in a two-vehicle collision on Highway 22 East, east of Mill City.
According to Oregon State Police, the wreck happened at milepost 76 on Sunday, January 21st at about 4:35 pm.
Investigators said a black 2017 Nissan Armada, driven by Joshua Lyons of Portland, was eastbound and tried to pass on snow-covered roads. The vehicle slid sideways and struck the front of a westbound silver Chevy Silverado pulling a trailer. They said the truck and trailer were being driven by Alan Freeman from Salem.
Police said Lyons, 34, and his passenger Timothy Hays, 47, from Silverton died at the scene.
Freeman, 54, and two of his passengers, Shaun Dorschel, 33, Salem, and a juvenile passenger were treated and released for minor injuries from a Salem hospital. Freeman's third passenger, Donald Suklis, 56, from Jefferson, was transported to St. Charles Hospital with serious injuries.
The westbound lane was closed for approximately five hours. OSP was assisted by ODOT and the Gates Fire Department.
- Two killed in Highway 22 wreck
- Highway 22 may reopen Friday
- Crash on Highway 38 kills 2
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One person killed in Highway 99 crash south of Saginaw
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Glide man killed in crash on Highway 138 East
- Crash on Highway 99 kills two in Junction City
- Two-vehicle crash kills Albany woman on Highway 20
- Drunk driver gets 22 years in prison for 'extreme indifference'