KODIAK, AK -- UPDATE: The National Weather Service has cancelled the tsunami watch for the west coast of the United States, including Oregon, after a powerful earthquake in the Gulf of Alaska.
ORIGINAL: This morning the entire west coast is under a tsunami watch after a magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck in the Gulf of Alaska overnight.
Areas in Oregon that are affected include Seaside, Newport, and Brookings. Tsunami watches may be upgraded or cancelled as the morning progresses. Check arrival times of a possible tsunami along the west coast by clicking here.
- Tsunami watch canceled for Oregon coast after 7.9 earthquake near Alaska
- 7.9 earthquake reported in Gulf of Alaska, prompts West Coast tsunami watch
- Tsunami warnings canceled after magnitude-7.9 earthquake off Alaska
- 2011 Japan Earthquake - Tsunami Fast Facts
- Tsunami threat passes after strong earthquake off Central America
- Rat on plane cancels Alaska Airlines flight bound for Portland
- Tsunamis Fast Facts
- Sismo de magnitud 8,2 sacude la costa de Alaska; hay advertencia de tsunami
- 2 earthquakes reported off coast of San Clemente
- Tsunami of 2004 Fast Facts