KODIAK, AK -- UPDATE: The National Weather Service has cancelled the tsunami watch for the west coast of the United States, including Oregon, after a powerful earthquake in the Gulf of Alaska.
ORIGINAL: This morning the entire west coast is under a tsunami watch after a magnitude 7.9 earthquake struck in the Gulf of Alaska overnight.
Areas in Oregon that are affected include Seaside, Newport, and Brookings. Tsunami watches may be upgraded or cancelled as the morning progresses. Check arrival times of a possible tsunami along the west coast by clicking here.
- Tsunami watch canceled for Oregon coast after 7.9 earthquake near Alaska
- Earthquakes strike off Oregon Coast
- Tsunami Books will stay in business
- Crab harvesting closure extended on Oregon coast
- Surfers brave the storm on Oregon coast
- Whale carcass rolls ashore along Oregon Coast
- Southern Oregon coast reopens for crabbing season
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Special Olympics Oregon cancels State Games competition
- Special Olympics Oregon cancels Bite of Oregon fundraiser