SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Police say a man shot himself after the SWAT team surrounded his home on Monday night.
The incident started around 7 p.m. in the 900 block of S. 55th Street near the Bob Straub Parkway. Officials say the man's wife called 911 after he fired a handgun inside the home and threatened her and the couple's two children, ages 13 and 17.
The woman took the children and barricaded herself in the garage, police said.
Around 9 o'clock police, stormed the house and found Timothy Michael Kurtz dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, officials said.
- Springfield standoff ends in suicide
- Gwinnett Co. SWAT standoff ends in suicide
- Armed standoff in Florence ends
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Director of Springfield school commits suicide, investigation will continue
- Standoff ends in NC county man shooting himself
- Inside Japan's 'suicide forest'
- Standoff suspect arrested by SWAT
- SWAT standoff results in arrest
- Springfield Christmas parade canceled