MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - An Oregon woman who sent sexually explicit photographs of her infant son to an undercover FBI agent has been sentenced to a decade in federal prison.
The Mail Tribune reports that Lea Kathryn Jones blamed her actions on a mix of isolation, postpartum depression and abuse she suffered as a child.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Amy Potter said she empathized with Jones' postpartum issues, but told her at Thursday's sentencing: "What you did to your child was so beyond the pale."
Jones was arrested in July 2016 while living in an apartment in Medford. She admitted using a messaging app to make contact with the undercover agent, offering to exchange pictures of her son for naked pictures of a young girl.
- Oregon woman sentenced to 10 years on child porn charge
- Oregon child molester sentenced to 12 years
- Albany motel manager facing child porn charges
- Milwaukie man arrested on federal child porn charges
- Roseburg man accused of producing child porn
- Medford woman jailed on child neglect charges
- Deputies: Lebanon man admits to downloading child porn
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to child porn
- Woman sentenced to 18 years for strangling, stabbing friend
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl