EUGENE, Ore. – Police said there have been five armed robberies in Eugene since Friday.
The first robbery happened on March 2nd just after 7 a.m. at Lil’s Deli on River Road, while the four others were in the south Eugene area.
Officials said the most recent robbery happened at Tom’s Market at 9:27 p.m. Monday. They said a man with a gun robbed the store. Tom’s Market is on the corner of East 19th Avenue and Agate Street, just about a block away from Hayward Field.
Police said multiple officers and a K9 team searched for the suspect but could not find him. A man who lives near the business said he has never seen that many police officers in his neighborhood before.
"I'd been walking my dog in the neighborhood, doing our nightly walk and it was nerve-racking because I've been a long time resident, and it's not something I'd like to see,” Doug Wedol said.
KEZI also spoke to an employee at Studio One Café which is right across the street from Tom’s Market. He said he is still in disbelief it happened next door.
"It worries probably everyone in the area, the entire community if anything,” Maxwell Otoole said. “I'm sure that could happen to anyone of us, and obviously that's a really intense feeling."
Police said if you're ever being robbed, to comply with what the suspect wants.
They described Monday night's suspect as a man with a medium complexion, about six-foot-three with a muscular build. He was wearing a black mask during the robbery.
Police said all five robberies are still under investigation and are not ruling out that the robberies are connected.
- Neighbors shaken after 5th armed robbery reported in Eugene
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies in Eugene
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Eugene robbery spree continues
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Econolodge
- Eugene could change height restrictions for 5th Street Market
- Two suspects sought in Eugene deli robbery
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect