Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore -- Big changes are coming to River Road Park and Recreation.
Construction is underway on a new spray park at the popular outdoor wading pool. The upgrade project will cost $330,000. Half of the funding comes from a grant from Oregon State Parks and the remainder will be covered by a Flex Lease Loan.
Crews will install new pipes and a pump under the 1960's era pool. The spray park will be an added section to the existing wading pool and will include a ramp to make it American with Disabilities Act compliant.
"It's always been an icon of the park. People come here every year it looks like Miami Beach in the summertime. It's going to be even more than that with the help of the spray features. I think it will be a lot more fun for kids," said Superintendent Dale Weigandt, River Road Park and Recreation.
Crews hope to have construction done by mid-June and officially open on Fourth of July. Of course, that is weather permitting.
The spray park it will be free for in-district members and a $1 for out-of-district users.
- New spray park at popular wading pool under construction
- Emerald Park wading pool reopens as heat on the rise
- Wading pool in Eugene scheduled to reopen
- UOPD will hold pepper spray instruction class
- Police: Man robs Eugene taco shop, pepper-sprays employee
- Construction complete on facilities at Douglas County Park
- New playground being constructed at River Forks Park
- Popular scam making rounds in Douglas County
- Hayward Field Construction Closures