EUGENE, Ore. – A family fight in Santa Clara spilled onto the streets Thursday night, terrorizing neighbors and prompting a massive police response.
Police say it happened around 7 p.m. in the 600 block of Terra Linda Avenue.
Five adults and two children were in the home, police said, when two brothers got into an argument that turned physical. At some point, dispatchers received a report of shots fired and responded to the scene.
One of the brothers was arrested near River Road and West Anchor. Investigators say they found a handgun inside his vehicle, but they wouldn’t confirm if the gun was actually fired.
The man was booked on felony possession of a firearm and illegal concealed carry charges.
“Everybody's safe, everything's taken care of over there,” Sgt. Gregg Magnus said. “There was a firearm we did locate. We have possession of that so there's no danger to the community right now."
Meanwhile, the mother of the brawling men tried to break up the fight but was attacked by the family dog which bit her in the hand.
Police say she was taken to RiverBend Hospital.
- Family fight turns into neighborhood chaos
- Vandals hit Springfield neighborhood
- Eugene neighborhood upset over offensive graffiti
- Firefighters install smoke detectors in Springfield neighborhood
- Gov. Brown fighting to keep health care for families
- Springfield resident turns 106
- Wanted man turns himself in
- Growing turkey population sparks controversy in local neighborhoods
- Neighborhoods should band together to deter package thefts