WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A dog who was mistakenly flown to Japan is back with his family in Kansas.
The German Shepherd, named Irgo, arrived at a Wichita airport Thursday night after a flight on a private plane from Japan.
Kara Swindle and her two children were flying on United Airlines from Oregon to Kansas City, Missouri, on Tuesday during a move to Wichita, Kansas.
When they went to pick up Irgo, they instead were given a Great Dane.
United said in a statement that the dogs were somehow put on the wrong flights during a connecting flight in Denver.
Irgo's misadventure began a day after a French bulldog puppy died aboard a United flight after a flight attendant required a passenger to put her pet carrier in the overhead bin.
- Dog flown overseas by mistake returned to Kansas family
- Veneta family races against clock to save dog
- Eugene dog awarded Diamond Collar
- Chief Kerns returns to work after retirement
- Lost ring returned to rightful owner
- All Oregon firefighters return home from California
- Daughter of famous wandering wolf returns home
- Good samaritan returns North Bend woman's purse
- UO law professor returns after blackface controversy
- Stolen racing bike returned to owner