SALEM, Ore -- Marion County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a multi-vehicle crash that happened at 4:51 a.m. on April 21. Two 16-year-old males were traveling in a Black Ford Explorer.
The driver of the Explorer is currently lodged at the Marion County Juvenile Detention Center on charges of assault in the second degree, reckless driving, and felony hit-and-run. The passenger was transferred to the hospital with serious injuries. The names of either of the teenagers have not been released.
The Sheriff's Office reported that the Explorer was traveling east on Marht Ave and was going very fast, in a manner that was reckless. The driver then crashed into a Black Toyota and two other parked cars. The crash also caused significant damage to the yard of a residence. The exact speed is unknown at this time. The driver of the Toyota, Josue Amezquita Fonseca, 26, of Salem was taken to the hospital.
This crash in under investigation.
- 16-Year-old behind wheel in early morning crash that left two people in hospital
- Winston Bi-Mart burglarized early Monday morning
- Two people hospitalized after multiple-vehicle wreck
- 16-year-old arrested in Douglas County triple homicide
- Driver hospitalized after crashing onto a tree
- Hwy 99 crash sends 2 to hospital
- Three sent to hospital after Eugene crash
- Meals on Wheels turns to charitable gifts for funding
- Vehicle versus pedestrian crash sends man to the hospital