EUGENE, Ore. – A train hit and killed a woman in the 300 block of Madison Street in downtown Eugene and police asked people to avoid the area Tuesday morning.
The train blocked north and southbound traffic from Jefferson Street to the Chambers connector.
Eugene police said the crash happened at 8:26 a.m.
A medical examiner is continuing the investigation into the fatal crash, police said.
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Farmers Market opens Saturday in downtown Eugene
- Eugene considers new downtown dog restrictions
- Eugene council approves downtown dog law
- Tougher smoking ban passes for downtown Eugene
- Murals popping up around downtown Eugene
- Eugene looks into rise of pedestrian-involved crashes in Oregon