JUNCTION CITY, Ore. - Neighbors around Meadowview & Prairie Rd. in Junction City noticed a heavy police presence around 4 p.m.
Neighbors said they were told a lawn mower had been stolen, and police were searching peoples’ yards for the suspect, who had hopped off of the stolen mower and fled. They said once he was located in a field, he suffered something like an allergy or asthma attack.
Neighbors said the suspect received medical care, and police now have him in custody.
One man said this kind of thing going on quite literally in his backyard made him nervous.
"I'm concerned about safety above all, and so much stuff going on anymore that you want to be sure that everything is safe around here,” said Bob Marker, a Junction City resident.
Oregon State Police and Lane County Sheriff’s Office were at the scene. Marker said he also saw Eugene Police at one point.
No officers were able to comment on the incident, as it was currently under investigation.
- Stolen lawn mower puts one man in medical distress
- In The Garden: Winterize your lawn
- Virginia man's bike stolen at Eugene Safeway
- Stolen U-Haul catches fire
- Continued protection sought for medical-marijuana states
- Medical center opens new emergency department
- Professional riders put an X through bullying
- Large equipment stolen from plumbing company
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt
- Officials ask for help identifying stolen headstones