YONCALLA, Ore.-- Four people are dead after a wrong-way driver crashed head-on into another vehicle Saturday night.
Oregon State Police said it happened on I5 southbound near milepost 154. They said both cars were engulfed in flames.
Oregon State Police said a preliminary investigation revealed that an Acura Integra was southbound on I5 when for unknown reasons, turned around and was driving the wrong way. They then had a head-on collision with a Nissan Murano.
Both the drivers and passengers in the cars died from the injuries they sustained.
Police have not released any further details or the names of those involved. They are asking if you witnessed the crash and have information to give them a call at 541-440-3333.
A portion of I5 was closed for over five hours and ODOT set up a detour.
- Four killed in fiery head-on crash near Yoncalla
- Four killed in fiery crash: "It was horrific."
- Double house fire under investigation in Yoncalla
- Trailer fire leaves Yoncalla couple without home
- North Douglas County Fire brings fire safety to Yoncalla Elementary
- Fiery motorcycle crash causes big backup on I-5
- 2 killed in head-on crash north of Monroe
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Albany man killed in crash
- Teenager killed in Albany crash