BLODGETT, Ore. -- A man is dead and a woman is injured following a shooting Monday night in Blodgett, authorities said.
Two suspects have been booked into the Benton County Jail.
Deputies from the Benton County Sheriff’s Office responded to 35111 Tum Tum Road at 9:10 p.m. upon reports of a shooting in progress.
When authorities arrived, they discovered the woman, who had been shot, and began providing first aid. She was transported via Life Flight to Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvallis and is currently in stable condition.
The man was found dead at the scene. Both were outside a private residence. Neither his or the woman’s name have been released at this time.
The scene was active for a short time as authorities had yet to locate the shooters.
Authorities identified two suspects in the area of the shooting, arresting Jim Dandee for murder, attempted murder and theft and Julie Ann Thurman for attempted assault and theft.
The Benton County Major Crimes team’s investigation is ongoing. However, the sheriff’s office does not believe there is a threat to the community at this time.
The Corvallis Police Department, Philomath Police Department, Albany Police Department, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police assisted in the investigation.
Community members said they're shaken up from a night full of both fear and loss. They're especially saddened to hear about the passing of one of the victims.
"So it's like losing a family member. And the more engaged the people are with the community, the deeper the wound," said Jeff Lamb, a neighbor.
Community members said the two arrested suspects used to be married, and they believe the altercation arose from that marriage ending on bad terms.
- One dead, one injured following shooting in Blodgett
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- 1 dead, 1 injured after crash in Tenmile
- 2 dead in shooting south of Portland, Oregon
- Female suspect dead after shooting at YouTube headquarters
- Carjacking suspect dead after officer-involved shooting in Portland
- Man injured in officer-involved shooting ordered to serve 20 days
- Missing Winston man found dead
- 5 Horses Killed, Owners Injured on I-5
- One person injured in tanker truck crash