UPDATE: The body of a canoeist who went missing two weeks ago has been recovered in the Willamette River.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office said Donald Girardi, 73, took his canoe out near the Hayden Bridge Boat Ramp on the McKenzie River in Springfield when he went missing on May 28.
Deputies found his overturned canoe and search and rescue teams looked for him for several days but could not find him.
On Sunday afternoon, a boater found Girardi’s body about a mile upriver from the Marshall Island Boat Ramp near Junction City.
Deputies said they are investigating his death and there is no indication of foul play.
LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- A man's body was found in the Willamette River on Sunday.
Carrie Carver, a spokesperson for the Lane County Sheriff's Office, said a boater spotted the body near the Marshall Island boat ramp just after 3 p.m.
Lane County Search and Rescue divers helped recover the man's body.
As of Sunday night, the man had not been identified.
- UPDATE: Body found in Willamette identified as missing canoeist
- Body found in submerged vehicle in Willamette River
- Water teams search for missing canoeist in McKenzie River
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Body found in McKenzie River identified as missing woman
- Deputies identify body found in Albany as missing man
- Body found in Amazon Canal identified
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Swimmer rescued from Willamette River
- UPDATE: Missing hunters found safe