VENETA, Ore. -- Lane County deputies arrested Timothy Conn, 57, and Amber Koerth, 36, after serving a search warrant at a home in the 87000 block of Territorial Highway Wednesday morning.
A KEZI 9 News viewer sent us a photo from the scene and said law enforcement officers had their guns drawn when they moved in to serve the search warrant.
Conn was arrested for possession of meth, identity theft and theft III, and Koerth was arrested for felon in possession of a weapon and possession of meth, the sheriff's office said in a tweet.
In earlier tweets, the sheriff's office said that an unknown substance was located during the search, and the Explosives Disposal Unit was contacted to evaluate the substance as a precaution. The sheriff's office also said that they received information that someone had a firearm pointed at deputies, but that report turned out to be incorrect.
The scene was still active at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, investigators said. When KEZI 9 News Reporter Amber Wilmarth arrived, law enforcement officers asked her to stay away from the scene, citing safety concerns.
Stay with KEZI 9 News on air and online as we work to bring you new developments on this story.
— Amber Wilmarth (@amberwilmarth) June 13, 2018
- Two arrested after deputies serve search warrant at Veneta home
- Deputies investigating vandalism reports in Veneta area
- Deputies: gun booby trap found at Veneta home in May
- Veneta woman arrested, accused of intimate relationship with minor
- Firefighter arrested for DUII after four-vehicle crash near Veneta
- Veneta family recovering after horrific rollover crash
- Deputies searching for 2 men after Eugene home invasion
- War hero's home burglarized; deputies search for suspects
- Two Veneta families displaced in overnight house fires
- Veneta teen heads to Junior National Finals Rodeo