ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Police arrested the suspect in Friday's Umpqua Bank robbery early Saturday morning.
Police arrested Brett Cole Thompson of Roseburg.
Roseburg Police responded to the bank robbery at the Umpqua Bank located on Main Street in downtown Roseburg just after 5 p.m. on Friday. The suspect presented a demand note and then left the bank with an undisclosed amount of money. There were no weapons displayed during the incident. At the time of the incident, officers searched the area but were unable to find the suspect.
However, around 1:15 a.m. on Saturday, Douglas County Sheriff's Office personnel saw a man trying to break into a vehicle owned by the Douglas County Finance Department, which was parked in the Douglas County Courthouse parking lot. He was identified and was detained. During the investigation, he was positively identified as the suspect from the bank robbery the previous night.
He was detained at the Douglas County Jail for robbery in the third degree and theft in the second degree stemming from the bank robbery. Additionally, he was charged with criminal mischief in the second degree for the incident in the courthouse parking lot.
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Police search for Eugene bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect
- Police trying to identify suspect in Albany bank robbery
- Corvallis PD: Officers are looking for suspect in bank robbery
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Suspect arrested in two Friday morning robberies