ASTORIA, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities have recovered the body of 52-year-old man who failed to return from a fishing trip last week.
The Clatsop County Sheriff's Office said Monday that Bret Yates' body was found on Social Security Beach at Fort Stevens State Park. The sheriff says there is no evidence of foul play.
RELATED STORY: COAST GUARD SUSPENDS SEARCH FOR MISSING OREGON FISHERMAN
Yates had been reported missing on Wednesday. The U.S. Coast Guard responded with boats and a helicopter, but had no luck finding Yates and called off their search Thursday.
- Body of missing fisherman found on Oregon beach
- Coast Guard searching for missing Oregon fisherman
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Oregon fisherman
- Woman's body found in Oregon hotel room
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Authorities: Newport man's body found on beach likely dumped there
- Fisherman's Market excited for crab season
- Fisherman's Memorial needs repairs after driving accident
- Officials identify body found in southern Oregon river