CRESWELL, Ore. -- The owner of eight malnourished horses seized earlier this year has been found guilty of eight counts of animal neglect.
Genni Walker has to pay a $1,000 fine and about $8,400 in restitution to Lane County for the care of the horses, which were taken from a property in January because they didn’t have enough food to maintain a healthy weight.
Walker is also banned from owning livestock in the county for five years and had to sign over the horses to the county.
Three have already been placed in new homes and the other five are in the process.
- Owner of neglected horses found guilty
- Neglected horse sues former owner
- Mapleton woman found guilty of animal neglect
- 5 Horses Killed, Owners Injured on I-5
- Mapleton woman pleads not guilty to animal neglect
- Mapleton woman cited again for animal neglect
- Medford woman jailed on child neglect charges
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Man found guilty in shooting case
- Man found guilty of killing his girlfriend