SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a junior camp counselor drowned in a pond near Silverton.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says deputies arrived Wednesday night to find lifeguards and camp counselors searching the pond for 14-year-old Naomi Rudolph of Keizer. Her body was pulled from the water a short time later.
Lt. Chris Baldridge says Rudolph had been working at Canyonview Camp and was swimming in her free time. He says Rudolph called for help when she began to struggle, but went under before lifeguards could reach her.
- Junior camp counselor drowns in pond near Silverton
- Silverton teen shot and killed by deputies following carjacking and chase
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Veneta teen heads to Junior National Finals Rodeo
- Lane County considers overnight camping pilot program
- Business owners & residents concerned about illegal camping
- Lane County offenders clean up homeless camp
- A high school swimmer saves the life of an opponent who nearly drowned
- Arrest made after Eugene man shot while camping