EUGENE, Ore. – A 45-year-old man is in the hospital after he lost control of his motorcycle.
Tom Speldrich, Traffic Patrol Officer with Springfield Police said they received the call at about 4:30 Sunday afternoon.
He said the man was driving eastbound on I-105. They said he tried to take the ramp onto I-5 when he lost control, struck the guardrail, and then fell off into the embankment.
Speldrich said they are still investigating, but it appears that alcohol and speed are contributing factors.
He said no other cars were involved, but they will continue the investigation.
Speldrich asks drivers to slow down, drive safely, and don’t drive if they have been drinking.
- Motorcycle accident closes ramp onto I-5
- Boat ramps closed after oil spill in McKenzie River
- California man accused of carjacking on I-5
- 5 Horses Killed, Owners Injured on I-5
- Motorcyclist arrested for flying down I-5
- Traffic Alert: Delta Highway, Beltline ramp closures
- Trump ramps up personal cell phone use
- Volunteers build ramp for Mid-Michigan veteran
- Ramp closed for third night in Enfield following flipped tanker, gas spill
- Harley-Davidson recalls motorcycles with braking problem