SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Springfield Public Schools said Wednesday afternoon classes would be cancelled at Thurston High School.
The district said temporary repair work to isolate the water line rupture under the weight room that was completed yesterday has since ruptured. In order to make the repair, the building's water supply must temporarily be turned off. As a result, classes will be cancelled and students will be released early for the afternoon.
The district said it anticipates holding school tomorrow and busses will run normal routes.
Athletics and after school participants can contact the coach or advisor about practices; they may be held off campus, according to the district.
Additional information will be posted to the school’s website as available.
- Afternoon classes cancelled at Thurston High School
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes
- Pipe leak floods Thurston High weight room
- Thurston High School girls make it to state wrestling championships
- Parental concerns left confusion at Thurston High School's walkout
- Thurston community gathers for vigil
- Thurston Middle School students take a "Long Walk to Water"
- Police: Thurston student brought marijuana-laced candy to school
- Thurston Hills Natural Area to open Saturday
- Twenty years later: Community remembers Thurston tragedy