SALEM, Ore. (AP) - Police say a 17-year-old boy was fatally shot in northeast Salem.
Lt. Treven Upkes of the Salem Police Department said officers and medics responded late Monday afternoon to reports of gunfire. They administered first aid, but the teenager died at the scene.
No arrests have been made. Upkes says detectives don't believe the shooter is a threat to the general public.
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Winston-Salem State University football player dies after being shot at event at Wake Forest University
- 11-year-old boy fatally shot in the head in East Chicago park
- Trump's 2017, in 17 tweets
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Oregon sweeps Salem homeless camp days before annual count
- Student asks lawmakers to help pay for Salem shelter
- Police shoot, wound 40-year-old suspect in Salem