CORVALLIS, Ore. -- For nearly 20 years, a cat has been living at the 911 dispatch center in Corvallis, helping to relieve some of the stress that comes with the job.
Callie has been a staple at the Corvallis Regional Communications Center for 18 years.
A dispatcher found her as a stray in Philomath and they say she's a well-loved member of their team.
She's a little camera shy, but staff said she plays a big role in their day.
"She just fit right in and she loved everybody and says hi to everybody every day," said Scott Haberkorn, the 911 Manager.
He said Callie gave them a scare last winter, when she got sick. he said she bounced back and is doing well.
- Callie the cat keeps Corvallis 911 center company
- Corvallis pharmacy burglarized, suspects sought
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Blitzing the Preseason: Corvallis Spartans
- Two cats poisoned in Springfield
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Man arrested after robbery outside Corvallis ATM
- Salem police arrest man for Corvallis robbery
- Corvallis father continues search for missing son