BEND, Ore. (AP) - Though it's not unusual to find a camel in the desert, it's very rare to find one strolling in the high desert of central Oregon.
But sheriff's deputies in Deschutes County saw one Sunday morning, and posted a short video to Twitter.
Sgt. William Bailey tells KTVZ that a man who lives near Bend owns the camel and brought it with him to visit a friend in Sisters. The camel was tethered, but became untied and went for a walk.
The owner was searching for the camel when it was found. They were reunited about 90 minutes after the animal disappeared.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Camel found wandering in central Oregon
- Cougar euthanized after wandering into Oregon motel
- Daughter of famous wandering wolf returns home
- Central Oregon crash kills three
- Police chase in Central Oregon ends in shooting; 1 hurt
- Divers recover body after canoe capsizes in Central Oregon
- Man justified in fatal shooting outside his Central Oregon home
- Central Oregon jury convicts Gresham pastor of sex abuse
- Central Oregon residents push for anti-gun control measure
- Woman's body found in Oregon hotel room