EUGENE, Ore. -- Tree farms across town welcomed the holiday season with Christmas trees.
Many locals went out to pick up their Christmas tree this weekend as they prepare for the big holiday.
KEZI 9 news stopped by the "Johnson Brothers Garden Market" to catch up with shoppers.
"I'm excited to decorating it, because it's always like a party looking through the Christmas ornaments."
Before making a selection, gardeners recommend keeping safety in mind. They said if you choose a living Christmas tree, keep any electrical cords away from the base with water.
Gardeners also recommend installing it away from the fire place.
- Christmas tree farms open in Eugene
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- How to recycle your Christmas tree
- Redmond sues after company cuts Christmas tree
- Local firefighters offer several Christmas tree safety tips
- Christmas gifts stolen from under tree while family sleeps
- U.S. Capitol Christmas tree to come from Oregon
- 25th annual Festival of Trees is back in Eugene
- City of Eugene receives 2018 Tree City USA Award
- Park in Southwest Eugene officially opens