COOS BAY, Ore. - The World reports officers responded to a Coos Bay home Sunday afternoon for a reported assault.
Coos County District Attorney Paul Fraiser says authorities found 80-year-old Elmer Dennis lying on the ground outside a garage at the residence.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of death was not released but Fraiser says Dennis died of homicidal violence.
Police say Dennis' 29-year-old grandson James Thomasson was discovered hiding under a deck attached to the residence.
Police say a Taser was used on Thomasson after he didn't comply with officer requests to come out from in under the deck.
Police say he was taken to a hospital with unknown injuries and will be booked when he's released.
- Coos Bay man killed, grandson held as suspect
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Grandson suspected in grandfather's death
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday
- McAuley Hospital in Coos Bay demolished
- Man accused of strangling dog in Coos Bay