SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A cougar was spotted Sunday morning near 10th and D St. in Springfield.
It was first seen by a newspaper carrier around 4 a.m.
Officers responded and confirmed it was a cougar. The cougar then jumped several fences and was last seen in the 1200-1400 block on the alley between E St. and F St.
Due to the population of the area and its proximity to Willamalane Park and nearby schools, the Springfield Police Department issued an emergency warning to residents.
Officials said residents should be cautious and observe their children and pet while outside. The cougar did not display aggressive behavior, but they said if you should contact the police department if you encounter the animal.
- Cougar spotted in Springfield
- Experts believe cougar spotted in Springfield has moved on
- Cougar spotted in Winston Thursday morning
- Another possible cougar sighting in Springfield
- Suspected cougar prints spotted at golf course in Eugene
- Springfield family speaks out after seeing cougar in backyard
- Cougar shot and killed in Springfield was in fenced yard with kids
- Suspected cougar sighting in Oregon prompts concern
- Cougar euthanized after wandering into Oregon motel
- Road to Cougar Campground reopened to public