Scroll for more content...
The petition was started with a goal of 200 signatures. Right now it stands at 137.
Brad Allen, the man who started the petition, said there were a lot of reasons he started it, but the biggest one was his mother. He said she worked at a PR firm in the 50s and hated the sexism she encountered. When the allegations against Senator Kruse came out he said she called him and asked him what he was going to do about it.
He said the goal is not to target one politician, but to change the culture around sexual harassment as a whole. He said that starts with believing all accusers.
”It’s a stupid idea to start a petition like this and it won’t change many opinions, but two things came to mind and the first one is…we have to begin to believe all accusers.”
He said he doesn't expect much to come of the petition except awareness. He hopes that people in power can start being held to a higher standard than they are right now.
The petition can be found at moveon.org
- Creator of the Senator Kruse petition said he did it for his mother
- Senator Kruse denies masturbating in video posted on YouTube
- State senator files formal complaint against Sen. Kruse
- Second state senator accuses Sen. Kruse of sexual harassment
- Commissioners appoint a replacement for Senator Jeff Kruse
- Report: Kruse engaged in offensive conduct
- Process to replace Kruse will be quick
- Roseburg community is shocked to hear the allegations against Senator Kruse
- State treasurer calls for Sen. Kruse to resign
- Sen. Jeff Kruse resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations