Photo Gallery 1 Images
WHEELER COUNTY, Ore. -- Wildland firefighting crews continue to fight the Solitude Fire, located near Highway 19 and the John Day River.
The fire was first reported July 8. The fire is burning dried grass and brush across a steep slope above the river. The fire is about 750 acres with 30 percent containment. The cause is still under investigation.
Air tankers and helicopters continue to fight the fire. Several structures in the area are under threat, including one residence and four historic cabins.
- UPDATE: Crews fight 750-acre Solitude Fire in Wheeler County
- Wheeler County to be without officers when sheriff, deputies leave
- Lane County fire crews continue battling California fires
- Crews prepare for fire season
- Fire crews investigate two story structure fire
- Fire crews from Western Oregon sent to help fight California wildfire
- Umpqua National Forest crews fighting roughly 25 fires in Tiller area
- Man accused of leading deputies on a chase with a four wheeler
- Crews go through fire training in Elmira
- Crews battle house fire in Coquille