JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Firefighters responded to multiple reports of an explosion early Monday morning at Highway 99 and West 7th Avenue.
Crews responded shortly after 1 a.m. to a commercial building on fire. The building was unoccupied at the time. Officials said the damage to the building was substantial, but they have not yet determined the total cost of damage. No other buildings in the area were damaged.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Officials said this is being considered a suspicious fire.
Drivers should expect roads in the area to be closed for most of the day as the investigation continues.
- Crews respond to explosive fire in Junction City
- Family survives house fire in Junction City
- Junction City firefighters battle "challenging" industrial fire
- Junction City student arrested over picture
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Explosive fire in Pleasant Hill, multiple crews on scene
- Several crews respond to a large structure fire in Creswell
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City
- Junction City teen found murdered in Idaho; 3 arrested
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child