OAKRIDGE, Ore. -- The District Attorney's Office ruled that a woman was defending herself when she fatally shot her half-brother.
On Dec. 23, 2017, police were called out to the 47000 block of Teller Road after reports of a shooting.
Arriving officers found Justin Ryan, 45, suffering from a gunshot wound. He died at the scene.
Angela Slabaugh, 36, and two others were detained for questioning.
Witnesses told police, Ryan forced his way through the front door and walked towards Slabaugh with his arms raised and outstretched like he was going to choke her. Slabaugh fired a .45 caliber gun at Ryan, police said, as she feared for her life.
Slabaugh did have a valid concealed handgun permit and acted in self-defense, according to the DA's office.
- DA: Woman acted in self-defense when she fatally shot half-brother
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- Woman accused of running brother over in parking lot
- Grand jury clears Gresham officers who fatally shot suspect
- Civic Alliance reaches half its financial goal
- DA: Bend driver killed self during traffic stop
- DA: Officers justified in Coos Bay officer-involved shooting
- Florence murder suspect claims self-defense
- Free women's self-defense class being offered
- Defense contractor gets probation for conspiracy