BROWNSVILLE, Ore. – Deputies are searching for a suspect who assaulted a black teenager at the Bi-Mart Willamette Country Music Festival during a dispute over a Confederate Flag.
The Linn County Sheriff’s Office said three males were driving a pickup through the camping area near Section O waving a large Confederate Flag before the Kid Rock concert Sunday night.
Deputies said an 18-year-old black man yelled something to the males in the truck about their flag because he didn’t like it.
They said a male jumped out of the truck, exchanged words with the victim and hit him several times before driving off.
The victim was taken to Lebanon Community Hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Deputies said the males in the truck were in their late teens to early twenties driving a newer full-sized Ford pick-up. They said the suspect in the assault had dark hair and was wearing blue jeans, a black muscle shirt with the sides cut, brown boots and a black cowboy hat.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Linn County Sheriff’s Office at 541-967-3950.
- Deputies: Black teen assaulted at BWCMF over Confederate flag fight
- Deputies: Springfield teen shot other teen while recording video
- MAX stabbing suspect accused of assaulting black inmate
- Deputies: Man assaults stepfather over Wi-Fi password
- Deputies search for man who sexually assaulted woman near Gardiner
- Officials: Man gets into fight with deputy, gets arrested
- Corvallis police search for man who sexually assaulted teen
- Deputies: 3 teens arrested for starting multiple fires in Creswell
- Man accused of fighting a teen at Amazon Park
- Depressed teen's guns didn't raise red flags for host family of Florida shooter