PORTLAND, Ore. - A sheriff's deputy in northeast Oregon sent an apology cake to a state trooper after the deputy accidentally shot him with a Taser.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Oregon State Police on Monday posted a photo on Facebook of trooper Mitchell Goldman holding the cake with "sorry you got tased" written in blue icing.
Police say the Umatilla County deputy and Goldman both responded to a domestic violence call last week. Goldman arrived first and encountered a disruptive man.
Police say Goldman and the man were engaged in a scuffle as the deputy arrived. The deputy fired his Taser with one prong hitting the trooper and the other striking the suspect. Both were shocked.
- Deputy apologizes with cake for shooting trooper with Taser
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat
- Court rules against Oregon bakers in wedding cake case
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home
- Troopers find man's body in submerged truck
- EWEB apologizes for bill mix-up
- Judge nominee apologizes for 'overheated' college writings
- Stolen car suspect shoots at Clackamas Co. deputy
- Deputies investigate shooting at VA center in Southern Oregon